Heather P. Wilson, PhD
Heather Wilson is the founder, co-owner and CEO of Weatherbee Resources, Inc. Prior to founding Weatherbee in 1997, Heather worked at several hospice programs in Massachusetts in a variety of management positions.
Heather has authored numerous manuals to assist hospice programs with regulatory compliance, including:
- The Compliance Program Toolkit: Resources for Hospice Compliance Officers
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule: Compliance Resources for Hospices (with Mary Michal and Jay Mahoney)
- The HIPAA Security Rule: Compliance Resources for Hospices
- Hospice Policies & Procedures
- The QAPI Requirement: Resources for Hospice Programs (with Melanie Merriman and Martha Tecca)
- CoPs in a Binder: The Final Edition
- HIPAA Update for Hospice Programs
- The HIPAA Omnibus Rule: What Hospices Need to Know and Do
Heather has participated in two government contracts between Weatherbee Resources, Inc. and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: 1) the Rural Hospice Demonstration Project (2006 to 2009); and 2) Development and Production of Training Materials for Current Hospice Surveyors (2008 – 2011).
In 2007, Heather founded and developed the Hospice Education Network (HEN) into the leading provider of online education for hospice and palliative care programs and professionals. HEN was sold to Relias Learning in 2013 and continues to be used by Weatherbee as an online education platform for its consulting clients. With Joy Barry, the co-owner of Weatherbee Resources, Heather developed the Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp, an intensive workshop provided across the country since 2006 and attended by thousands of hospice professionals.
Heather began her career as a French teacher, taught theology and worked as a pastoral psychotherapist. She has a degree from the Sorbonne, an MA in Religious Education from Fordham University, an MA in Counseling Psychology from New York University, and a Ph.D. in Pastoral Psychology from Boston University. Her doctoral dissertation was one of the first empirical studies on the topic of forgiveness.